Whoopsy:

I had the car for 2 years coming up this November, so out of 21 months, probably a good 2 1/2 months were spent in the shop doing one thing or another. Add another 2 months I left it there after it was finished cause I was traveling. (normally I go in for  those recalls just before I go on a trip)

To be fair, the parts for the recalls cannot be ordered in advance, Porsche strangely has a policy that the parts can only be ordered once the car is scanned into the system, so a good chunk of time were wasted just waiting for parts to come in from Germany.

Porsche never offered to compensate nor do I ask for any, as I have other cars to drive I don't even ask for a courtesy car. Gives me a chance to drive the other ones when it is in the shop. But in another way they do sort of compensate me for other perks, like invitations to events and such. 

Sorry to hear that you have the hassle.

I just don't understand that spare part policy. Well - those 918 owners are well known. They should be aware what part will be needed for which car. And hey - after all, these cars are all maintained by official Porsche Dealerships. They better would trust them and give those parts upfront in order to minimize the clients wait time.