I frequent an array of different forums, as I own 140+ cars of different makes and models. You'll observe the same mix of posts EVERYWHERE you go. You're just letting paranoia get the best of you, or you've got other "forces" tugging you in a different direction (wife, finances, etc...). I don't recall seeing a single poster here where somebody is unhappy with their purchase. Poo poo happens with ANY make of automobile, and when it happens, you can bet your bottom euro that it'll be posted on a forum. I've had my 997S for 3 weeks now, and I'm absolutely on cloud nine. I've got a passenger sunvisor pivot that doesn't want to stay put when you flip the visor down. That's it. Hardly a reason to cry the blues, and go shopping for something more safe and thoroughly boring. You get what you pay for. Pay less, you'll get less. Yes, the 997 is pricey on paper. But there's nothing to compare with it at a lesser price. If you've got some cars in mind, toss them up for discussion. I like EVERYTHING, so I'm not biased and I'm not a screaming-hair-on-fire Porsche fanatic/lunatic.