Well it was only a matter of time to get my hands on both 997's currently available for full testing. If ound that despite their hp difference both cars are as fast where the 997 feels highly reved the more sedated 3.8 is no faster that its 3.6 counterpart. The 997 s is a better all rounder drive, its torque is well felt from the get go and is a delight on heavy traffic but top end is no faster than the "regular" Carrera. One more difference I found was the gear changes differ specially 6th gear, where the S you have to push more to the right making it kind of awkward. Where the S shines is in the chassis, PASM is a complete different deal of that of its analog partner. PASM is firm, solid and yet compliant, thankfully standard on the S. The other difference were the PCCB's, its an indescribable feeling, you feel no friction from the pads on the brake pedal nonetheless braking is effective and progressive. Sport seats yet another item specified on the this particular S are very, very reccomendable. Running head to head the non S was able to leave the S behind up to 200 kph where the S catched up, unfortunately we didn't go far beyond 200 kph to prove if top end the S would be faster, I was only able to catch the S on the straight as the worn out "18 on my regular Carrera gave a higher amount of understeer in the turns thus less speed... all in all the S with PASM, PCCB's, Sport Seats and hiegher grunt from the get go makes it a better all rounder. Mucho more to say but no time... hope pic works I hosted at tinypic.com

[image]http://tinypic.com/234chi[/image]

Link to:

997 first drive

997 S delivery