Quote:
J.Seven said:
Would you believe me if I say to you that a normal driver without knowlodge of sport driving( like most of sports car owners are) would be faster on that road with a RS4 than a Porsche or Ferrari?

Actually I don!t agree since my opinion of a normal driver is not that bad, it would have to be a HORRIBLE driver to be faster on a RS4 than 911 down that mountain road (on normal conditions), just from the braking differnces alone would be enough advantage, such a driver would also be faster on a Cayenne or FWD Mini CooperS then so not of much value to me. I imagine some bike riders would be faster on a large cc 4T scooter down that road than a 1000cc sportbike but that doesn't say anything in favor of the scooter sportwise. If you want to be faster down that road then just learn how to drive half decently a sportcar, don't get a RS4 instead.

Quote:

Carlos, as you know I've a Porsche 996C2 Cab and I have driven a RS4 on mountain roads with lots of bumps and water crossing the road and let me say that I would have to put myself in danger with the Porsche to keep up with the RS4. Ofcourse in circuit or dry and good pavement the result would be different, but this state, is far better than most people think.
I just love the discret, yet charming and agressive look RS4 has.

Personally I just hate its weight, its numb steering from the 50% torque the front wheels share, its Audi chasis and brakes, and it nose heavy handling, etc. But that doens't really matter since its not a sportcar, its a sedan and in that sense I like its luggage room, its versatility, its power for effortless cruising and its AWD system for safety in slippery conditions. So its a good car for what its made for but a bad car for a sportcar.
The point I objected to in the thread was comparing it with Ferraris and Porsches and having them for breakfast, like it was another sportcar just because its fast on a straighline due to simply HP. Its just got more straight-line acceleration simply due to its HP, thats all, nothing to be proud of, put the same aftermarkit HP kit on the sportcar and see what it can do. Just because its fast on a staright line or a cluts can be faster in it than on a sportcar becasue sportcars require more skill to extract their potential doesn't qualify it to be compared to the sportcars. Its exactly like comparing a CayenneTT with 996 Carrera, same points acceleration and handlingwsie but apples and oranges.