I had a chance to quickly (10 min) drive the new Panamera.

Quick summary:

Appearance: As we already figured out - taste is a personal thing. To me the rear looks awesome, the front looks cheap and the side is boring. But this is my taste. Also - the car was still pre-production.

Interior: Car had a non-leather dash, which always kind of takes the elegance. The big screen in the middle looks weird but it operates very fast. The google-navigation is awesome and feels like in the Tesla. The center console looks a bit 80s to me - dont know why. However, it operates great. But - I probably would never be able to operate those sensor buttons without looking at it. Seats like always super comfy, not much new on this side. Rear seats are spacious and I had a lot of space to the ceiling. The huge center arm-rest with its "sorry" ugly cup holders is also a matter of taste. For sure functional but not a stylish highlight. 

Drive - Pana 4S equipped with the Sport Chrono, PASM and 4 wheel steering. It feels much shorter than it is. In Sport Mode - car is very fast - feels light and comparable to the 991 Carrera S. The sound is ok - it is a 6 cylinder and you can hear it. It is soft and in sport mode it can be rough. Actually, I like it a lot in Sport Mode - it is fun, agile and may be even mean if you want it to be! - Different story in "normal" mode, car feels slow and not like a Porsche, but it gives you the relaxed mode you might need on a longer distance, much softer, much more calm. I think great for everyday. 

Overall - a extremely well built car. For sure a Porsche. It gives you emotions, it is fun! Technology made a huge step ahead, the infotainment feels strongly updated. Car handles fun, it feels sporty (in sport mode), it feels grown up and relaxed (in normal mode). Is it a luxury sedan? - for sure not. As you all know I owned 3 BMW 750 - those cars felt more luxury, safe and more sedan. But for sure, this Panamera is a different league and class when it comes to fun and sport. Would I buy it - lets say it like this, if I would look for a Sedan and I wouldn't mind to pay 150-200k€, I for sure would buy it over a E65 or M5. If I would look for a luxury Sedan, I would still take a S-Class or a 7. However - it would need some more refined test before making a final decision.

14690293843492016-07-19 13.21.37.jpg