Mike,

First of all, I forgot to congratulate you on finally receiving your CGT! I had hoped to be making the trip to Mid-OH for the OVR region DE this year, and maybe getting to meet you there, but I have other commitments that weekend.

I saw the amendment while I was looking around too. I only half read it because my eyes glaze over and I start to drool whenever I see something that resembles legalese.

It took me a while to re-read the amendment and look around for any additional info, but unfortunately, I still couldn't find a definitive answer.

The rule states that a limited line manufacturer sells 3 or fewer carlines in the U.S. during a production year. My reading of that definition indicates that Porsche still wouldn't qualify because for the period of 2004-2005 they are producing the following: 1.911 2.Boxster 3.Cayenne and 4.CGT.

Also, as I'm sure you saw on the site, Porsche's petition for reconsideration was stamped June 18, 2003. It is my understanding that even with the rule clarification, this petition was denied, but I can't find a NHTSA response.

Greg A