nberry:

OTOH, ever heard a car roaring by as you sit on your porch or inside with the windows closed? It’s not so cool.enlightened

As much as we love our exhaust sounds, very few welcome them. We are a source of irritation. indecision

Depends, some sounded nice some not so much. The Harleys with open pipes are the worse.

Where I used to live, on one side is a 4 way stop sign, then it's a 1/2 mile of straight road to a traffic light. One side is a park and the other side is my house. Just about every night people would do their drag runs right in front of my house. From Ferraris, to diesel trucks to bikes. The road is marked as a park zone so 30km/hr speed limit. For the Ferraris that roar past, it's music to my ears. Lambos too. The Civics and Harleys however are a nuisance. Even in the day time, they speed on this road from the traffic light side to the stop sign. Not just kids, but soccer moms too.

Me and my neighbours petitioned to the city for some speed bumps. Got shot down as they said the road is a designated emergency route. All they can do is asked the police to drop by once in a while to write speeding tickets. 

What do I do? I parked a couple of my cars out front, one on each side of the road to create a artificial chicane. Cutting the 2 lane road down to a single lane. Job done.

My 918 works best in my neighbourhood. I get out of the house on electric power, dead silence, I only switch on the engine after I left my neighbourhood. Smiley

--