Quote:
MrBonus said:
Quote:
ben, lj said:

yes, it is that common. it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn it was in excess of 25% (plus many cars recieve multiple RMS replacements during their lifetime) - internet polls would suggest significantly higher. the 996/7s (GT2, 3s and turbos excepted) just aren't built to the same overtolerances the 993s and before were and are probably good candidates for trade in before the warranty runs out (be it factory or extended).

Have you ever thought that those polls were so high because people who actually had RMS issues were far more likely to reply?

I think more solid evidence would be need other than select Internet whiners.

No, I've found the Porsche diehards (ie: those that deem people "whiners" when if they share real life experiences which are not positive) are extremely quick to "defend" the brand (at any cost - sometimes at the expense of the truth) and will definetely participate in the polls to help refute any evidence that 99X (non TT, GT3 or GT2s) are not up to the quality we've come to expect from Porsche. It might surprise you to know I've actually seen people on this site in their attempt to "defend the brand" claim not to have specific problems only to find older posts where these very people did in fact "whine" about experiencing the VERY same problem about which they later denied experiencing. It's wild!

Another thing you need to remember about those polls is many of the respondents have not YET had an RMS failure but WILL. So I suspect the real numbers are every bit as high as the poll suggests if not higher when some of those who voted "no problem" join the club. Many people have such low self-esteem that they have to resort to getting it from the things they buy. They then see anything negative about their "choice" as a direct hit to their self-esteem. It's sad, but unfortunately there are those that fit this bill. So look out for the "defenders" because they are more dangerous when it comes to the truth than the "whiners" who are sharing real life experiences.