Grant:
RC:
This is not your typical Audi though...

Right, because with Audi Quattro whichever axle has the motor tends to slide well before the other axle.  And this is the only Audi Quattro ever with the correct axle connected to the engine.  Smiley

Audi doesn't even make this car...I had to learn that the Quattro GmbH is an independent company, similar to AMG. The  current R8 road car shares more than 50% of the parts with the race version LMS and around 70% of the parts with the Lamborghini Huracan. The V10 engine is used in it's entire original state (up to the last bolt) in the LMS race car. Only exception is the fuel injection system and the power (585 hp instead of 610 hp because of restrictions in that particular racing class). Yes, I am very enthusiastic about this car but I still love Porsche of course. I am just afraid that Porsche could loose their touch with all those SUVs and sedans they make lately. Luckily, they seem to be responsible for the sports cars in the VW Group but so far, I haven't seen much of it (I guess a lot flies under the radar for various reasons).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)