SciFrog:

Base turbo S cab $200k heart That means most cars will be between $215k and $240k, that's Ferrari and Lanborghini territory. They have gone insane. And for a car where the interior is the same as a $40k Boxster and that doesn't look really different than other Boxster Cayman or 991. After 3 years you won't be able to trade these in for $100k...

This is a huge problem and Porsche is aware of that.

Unfortunately, Audi isn't much different. Yes, the R8 interior is of very high quality and it looks different than the typical Audi interior, even the TT interior looks completely different but the virtual cockpit is basically the same in all newer Audi models, they didn't even bother to adapt the GUI, which is very very strange for such a product. I hope Audi revises this policy because I do not want to feel in an Audi A4 the same way I feel in a R8. This is just idiotic.

It doesn't take much to offer different GUI styles and designs for every model but right now, Audi is using the same for all their cars equipped with virtual cockpit. Not very clever!

The 991.2 Turbo S is a high performance car with four seats (or additional luggage room in the back, depends how you look at it) and performance is on par with the R8, the Huracan and other high performance cars but it neither looks nor sounds like a super sportscar and this is why I think it is too expensive, even if it may be unique on the market. 

As long as there are customers paying these (high) prices, Porsche can ask them for this car. I just wonder where a 960 would be priced because I wouldn't want to pay another 50k EUR for 960 with 991.2 Turbo S performance. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)