kiss The reason I don't socialize easily with other people is simple: I don't have time and I have certain interests many other people don't share. I talk to at least 50 people per day in my business, I discuss with them their health, private stuff, the weather and I am joking with them. When I get home, I'm fed up with this stuff, I just want to talk to my kids and my wife, no one else. 

Also, I started to set priorities: I love talking to people with common interests (cars, gadgets) but I hate it to talk to people who think they like cars or gadgets but don't have a clue about it. During that block party, I had to listen to a former car mechanic and his Porsche and sports cars "knowledge". 90% of the stuff he said was pure BS (I know Porsche cars well...) but I had to refrain from correcting him because I knew that he was a little bit drunk and he would act aggressively. Also, his wife and another neighbor were listening to his stories as well, so I didn't want to sound arrogant. Do you know how difficult it is to sit almost an hour to somebody like that and listen to his crap? Whenever I tried to shift the discussion into the "right" direction, he ignored what I said and continued with his BS. yes No fun at all.

I need people at "my" level of car passion, not someone who once sat in a 993 ten years ago and now thinks he is a Porsche or sports car expert. angry Then he told me that he met Walter Röhrl a couple of years ago and that he always dreamt of driving with him once in a car. I mentioned that I drove with him a couple of times but he continued talking and talking and couldn't care less, so he clearly wasn't interested in any "experience" exchange but just wanted to brag about his Porsche experience. I mean c'mon, my 991 GTS was parked five meters from the table away (my wife parked it there, not me). yes No, I had nothing in common with these people and I know how this sounds but please, do not misunderstand me. There just was no common ground.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)