RC:
nberry:
Grant:
nberry:

SmileySmiley

I suppose if your going to charge that much money you need to find ways to make the car look unique.Smiley

Did you get the sense that Porsche was having trouble selling this car with or without stripes??

Not at all. Porsche could sell a VW if they designated it as a limited GT car. Porsche enthusiast are that gullible. The strips only make the buyers feel they are buying something special and unique Porsche. Porsche owed them that much.

My Audi dealer seems to believe the same, he puts stripes on every new test-car he gets. Smiley

Joking aside, I am very angry at Porsche. Just imagine my current GTS Cab with 911 R tech (chassis, engine, brake). Perfect 911 for me. And Porsche is surprised people look elsewhere...

Come on buddy - you love that Audi! You also love that it is finally something different after all those years of Porsche. And last not least - The R8 is a super sports car and not necessarily a family sports car (like the 911) or a granny shopping car (like the 911 Convertible). Smiley 

It sounds like kidding but I mean it. Yes the 991 got to perfect and way to much every day car. The R might give the performance, BUT the R is not changing the appearance. It is still that beautiful sports car with the same appeal like the last 50 years. The R8 is a different story - feels different, appears different, image different, etc. No granny version, no family version! 

Be happy that they didn't sell you that 991 R and you could get that experience with the R8!