Well, let's say it is not easy to put your hands on a Ferrari in whatever place in the world. Now that the demand is so high in emerging countries (like China, Russia) and the Euro currency strong compared to the dollar for example, some could think that Ferrari has a strange way to sell their cars.
They only try to protect their existing clients, and not to jump in the dollar conversion in which they could loose more than to win. I only fear that in the future, they will adjust all the prices to the dollar situation, and adapt these prices here ...
In any places in the world you can find people making speculation. It's a pity, especialy for those passionate who wants to buy the car they love.
I see here and there many people interested in the purchase of a Ferrari, but few able to afford the price.
A friend of mine has an order placed for a F430, and tries to sell it because when the car will arrive, he will be in Brazil for 6 years at least. And there is no possibilities to transport the car to there and use it in a logical way (too dangerous (car jacking) and bad roads).
When I read some posts with Greeks people looking a F430 at MSRP, it's a pity to say that, but ... is late to react man. There is a big rule in this world, the rule of the "demand and offer". For the F430 the demand is high, and the offer is ridiculous. And I can confess, since I will get mine this year, I am happy with this situation, because on top of having a terrible car, I will have the exclusivity. "La cerise sur le gâteau" for french speaking ...