Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
...squeazzing some HP out with a tunner product and maybe some aftermarket suspensions on a 996TT can hardly close the gap to what the 997TT is looking to be (new sophisticated AWD, re-touched chasis, new suspension setup, new transmission, modified engine by factory not tunner, etc.) You may have slightly tunned 996TT's that can be just as fast in a straight-line but thats about it

Well, I personally don't consider a free flowing exhaust with 70mm tubes and 100 cell cats, and an upgraded ECU to be "squeezing" more power out of the engine. They are very straight forward modifications, and there is even greater depth to the engine. These upgrades are about as easy as they come. Porsche is essentially going to do the same thing with the 997 Turbo. My Turbo only has 510 hp and 520 lb-ft of torque...it's pretty quick, and I'll be eagerly awaiting a run with the 997 Turbo.

And the suspension is not some aftermarket system, it's X73. Have you seen any numbers at the Ring for a Turbo with X73? Probably not, since Porsche doesn't want the public to know how much faster it is...impacts sales of future (and current) models. I'll be eagerly awaiting a run in the mountains the against the 997 Turbo.

The 997 Turbo will no doubt have a very good suspension, but my guess it will come with a weight penality. Do you think the 997 Turbo will weigh more than or less than the 996 Turbo? Again, my guess is the 997 Turbo will weigh more. If it does then that's even more drag on the higher power and improved suspension.