SciFrog:

These cheap leases are not else than the brand accepting they mispriced the car in the first place.

I won't argue with you on this one, I think you are right.

Example: In 1987, the Porsche 959, the hypercar of that time, was 420000 German Mark.

420000 German Mark equal almost 215k EUR.

My Audi R8 V10 Plus is 216k EUR.

I know, I know...1987...inflation and whatnot but I think that 216k EUR for an Audi R8 is just too much money. 

Same goes to the 991.2 Turbo S and to be blunt, I don't have a clue how expensive the next generation with improved tech will be but I'm afraid it will be priced beyond our wildest dreams. Smiley 

Still: There are customers who are willing to pay this kind of money, the 991.2 Turbo S Cab is basically sold out in Germany for this year.

For real sports car enthusiasts however, McLaren has started to offer an alternative. While others are raising their prices and performance rises instead in homeopathic doses only, McLaren hits the nail on the head. I hope they can survive this.

I just wish Porsche would understand that they need another performance sports car alongside the 911, a mid engined 960 would have been perfect. I never understood what the R8 is doing in Audi's corner and to be blunt, I do not understand why Lamborghini and Porsche don't work together. They could profit from each other immensely. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)