There was a GR parked outside my house a few hours ago, so I had a chance to observe the car very well for the first time.

To be honest it looks very good in white, purposeful and a successful conversion of the original micro-car design.

However, the price is too steep considering the manual gearbox and the fact that it is not a multi purpose car. I find its use and utility very one-dimensional. Homologation special or not it looks like a €20K max €23K with DCT, if there was one available. Also by looking at the car I wasn't sure about the crash worthiness of this diminutive car given its potential high speeds and the kind of use owners are expected to put it in.

For little more money someone could acquire the new Golf R, for example which is a complete and safe hot hatch which could potentially substitute something else from the owner's garage. The GR seems to me like a non-inexpensive addition to other cars owned. Like an amateur weekend cyclist adding a €10.000 bicycle to his collection for the occasional ride.

Anyway,  wish the happy owners all enjoyment possible and many safe kilometers. kiss

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"