noone1:

Heffner claims there is a $2500 remap available for 60hp and 20tq. Seems too high for an NA tune, but who knows.

The V10 engine in the current V10 Plus is good for 650 hp but I am skeptical about a simple software remap.

For the non-Plus version, it is pretty easy since the engine is pretty much identical (gearbox has a different gear ratio though, so it won't work to just use the Plus OEM software, Audi isn't stupid) but I would stay away from a remap on the Plus. This engine is a real racing engine (LMS car has identical engine, up to the last bolt, incl. a dry sump lubrification system but 585 hp instead of 610 hp and the fuel injection system is different), so it clearly has some potential but 60 hp with software only? Hmm...not sure. Maybe with higher octane fuel? I am pretty sure that remapping the engine to 100 octane fuel (97 octane US) could squeeze out 30 hp or so more. 

We will see how much of a power upgrade Audi will offer with the facelift around 2018, I guess 630-640 hp make sense. There is also a rumor of a GT coming, maybe even with 2WD.

Oh, just yesterday, when I jumped in the car (like I do into my 911 GTS), I hit my knee because the car is lower. Still learning... LOL

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)