RC:
SoCal Alan:
SciFrog:

Very few people get the ludicrous mode. It is a marketing feature. I was not planning to get it on the X if I pull the trigger. Same for 22" wheels, they reduce autonomy by 15%...

Launch mode on a car? To me it is absolutely useless and I have never used it on any of my carsSmiley

I'm debating between Cayenne and Model X, myself.  My son is pressuring me to buy the Model X...

Seems to be the next "cool" SUV in the US but I wish Tesla would have designed the X a bit more SUV-like. Currently, the X looks more like a Minivan, which is a total no-go for me...or my wife (she hates Minivans more than station wagons... Smiley).

That's the dirty secret of the X. It is functional like a minivan, has AWD like a SUV, accelerates like a sport car, can use HOV lanes like a Prius, seats 7 people better than a Q7 or X5 and looks like a crossover. Plus because of the technology it is a "cool" car. Pure genius made only possible by not being afraid to go back to the drawing board and use out of the box solutions. If you can live with the current battery limitations and the somewhat lesser interior than the top of the segment, it is THE car of the decade.