The whole process of buying a Porsche to order in the UK is extremely complicated and highly stressful. As I posted previously on Rennteam, on the week I was due to pick up my car it was found out that it was manual instead of tiptronic. It also turned out that the car had no sunroof, an option I would simply not have done without.

They have now agreed to give me the Sales Managers 997 tip on loan until my new car arrives but I have to say that I must echo the sentiments of others and say that we the buyers know far more about the cars than the sellers and that is an unacceptable state of affairs. I can't imagine any other industry where you would accept the idea of paying Pounds70k to buy something where you are telling the salesman what they should know about the product.

I have also had a number of (and still have) BMWs and this is always a much easier process for a number of reasons:

(a) there are less options
(b) more cars sold which are standard spec rather than factory orders.
(c) the ordering systems are less chaotic than Porsche.

Luckily for Porsche, their products sell themselves and so they can survive with less than expert sales staff.