Boxster...its fast its sporty (handles great ), and I think therefore everyone will agree it has earned its right to be a Porsche. Is it a true sportscar that should be respected. By all means yes. Having said that its no where close to being as good as a 911. Not only do the speeds matter, but looks (911 looks a million times better then the Boxster) and stuff like heritage (and no saying the Boxster in a recarnation of the 550 Spyder doesn't count). And for that "image" thing everyone has been talking about. Yea ur right you must be a little insecure if all that matters about a sportscar is what kind of people drive them. But in sincerity I see tons of Boxsters lining the streets (not a good thing when everyone else is driving the same car as you) and yea you see too many women driving the Boxster. The Boxster just has gotten that label -- "the ladies Porsche". And when you're out there thinkin how great your sports car is, and then you see how many Boxsters are lining the street, and the drivers don't look like the Michael Schumacher type...you should worry about what you just bought. But in truth I think the Boxster has been a good thing (not only for saving the company we love) but because it should show us die-hard 911 fans that modern 911's are too slow . WOW...i know I'm having a hard time with what I just said too. But the truth is; if the Boxster is as fast as it is, why isn't the 911 miles ahead of it? I mean the 73 Carrera RS went 0-60mph under 5 with a vmax of 150mph. The full-race RSR version did 0-60 in under 4 with a vmax of 170!

just my 2 cents
I'm sure they'll be plenty of ppl to disagree
But just remember: I'm not a sexist pig and I think the Boxster is great and has its place. One last thing -- I'm not insecure.