Quote:
Martin Tyler said:
Quote:
nberry said:
There is a disconnect between the Boxster and Porsche perception. Thus, when it was first introduced, many people bought with this perception in mind. After a few years of ownership,though a quality car, many come to realize that it does not meet their perception of Porsche.

I'm sure I read in another thread that you were going to stop talking like this? or was that just for the 911, moved on to the Boxster now?

You really are living in a dream world if you think Porsche managed to sell all those boxsters in the first few years to people thinking it was faster than it was. 'enthusiasts' know better, as you said, but straight line speed is one of the few things that nearly everyone buying what they think is a fast car knows before they buy it - everyone quotes the 0-60, 0-100 and vmax, so I dont know how you can claim this is the thing people were somehow cheated on.

I would have thought it was all the people buying the other roadsters that quoted equal or better 0-60 figures that were cheated when they found out it didnt drive as well as a Boxster.

The 'female car' comment may have been a bit of a joke, from whoever said it, but i'll respond anyway - I have seen very few women driving Boxsters in the UK.

This is by no means a negative post. I happen to believe the Boxster is one great car. But I must also state it is in trouble and unless Porsche wakes up and decides what to do with the car it will go the way of some of its earlier models.

To those of you claiming a Boxster is fast, your in denial. The car was never meant to be fast. It was meant to be a fun roadster which it is. When I tried to get my wife to buy one after a test drive she said it did not have any power. She drove the Boxster S and said it was better but when you consider the cost compared to a Cayenne S (about the same) she opted for the Cayenne.

Porsche sells cars in good part on perception and the Boxster is perceived as a PORSCHE (I never said otherwise) which is underpowered and slow for a Porsche.