Quote:
RC said:
I'm also impressed by the US actions. While most Europeans are still talking/planning and/or sending a few planes and relief supplies, there are already 12000 US soldiers helping the people in the region, some of them were even retrieved from Iraq. Not to speak about the many US planes and especially helicopters helping out there to bring food and supplies to some areas which are difficult to reach by truck. And this is actually what really upsets me: our press over here in Germany reports every single day about almost all details happening in Iraq and especially when bombs or US soldiers are involved but only a bavarian radio station and two private TV programs reported in detail about the US relief help. Well, we sent a flying hospital and some police officers/coroners to identify the dead, not bad, eh?! ;

It's good that the Americans send so many financial and human resources to the tragedy field, but with all due respect by all Americans citizens, don't get to excited by their offer, they always charge a "heavy" bill for their "charity".
I don't want to start any Euro vs U.S charity debate here, I agree that Europe must have a stronger and faster attitude in several aspects and problems that we are facing now thrue out the world.

J.Seven