Zacharie,

No problem. It was a long time ago. I was parked on 32nd street and 6th Avenue in Manhattan and on the car phone with my wife. It was the middle of the day. Lots of people walking by.

Suddenly the door flew open and a black fellow pointed a gun at my head and yelled: 'Gimme your money, mutherfu#@$r!' My wife heard everything on the phone.

Everything went into slow motion and I was fantasizing about having a gun in my jacket pocket and shooting him through my jacket. But of course I didn't, so instead I handed over my wallet!

The fellow grabbed my wallet and slowly walked away while casually putting his gun back in his pocket. But no one seemed to notice.

Being an Englishman, an extremely pissed off and extremely reckless Englishman at this point, I jumped out of my car, adrenalin pumping, and gave chase, but thank goodness I didn't catch him - since he had a gun in his pocket and I didn't!

It was only when I got back to the car that I realized that my by now completely hysterical wife was still on the phone, assuming I had been shot dead. I was of course fine, though more than a little shaken.