Quote:
AndrewSS said:
Quote:
ben, lj said:
Quote:
rss996 said:
They figured that they need to sell luxury cars at this price rather than race cars. I guess it has worked with the profits up so much,.,

yep, and these days profits are all that matter at porsche. this was the strategy in the late 80s as well and porsche almost went down the drain. i suspect this time though they'll just [censored] away one of the best sports car reputations on the planet in exchange for a MB or BMW type business. but as long as profits are high...

i agree to an extent, although they still have their "race" cars... GT3, GT2, and what do you know the carrera gt, your own car... you critize porsche so badly yet you drive their ultimate...

Please some facts and perspective, other than ben how many actually own a gt2, gt3, cgt. Those numbers are laughable, and for the tens of thousands of other p-car owners, who the hell cares about the above mentioned models. When i drive my car my enjoyment is derived from the immense capabilities IT has not the fact that Porsche may have won a race last month.

As to the late 80's, that was the high tide of porsche racing and production. I do not know if any of you were in a porsche showroom then but i was and what they had was incredible compared to every other manufacturer including Fuhraahree.
What almost did them in was what is beginning to happen now, a major disadvantageous swing in the value of the greenback.

Tom