Quote:
ben, lj said:
Quote:
Jeff (in SF) said:
Quote:
ben, lj said:
sorry jeff, but i think that's absurd. having "throttle tip" while "2 wheels off the ground and boulders on either side" (especially on an incline) causes you to roll backwards (uncontrollably without a stab on the brakes). what the "throttle tip" does instead is cause a "surge" of power when the truck "finally" responds to throttle imput which is not what i'd consider the appropriate throttle modulation for anything - especially this application. additionally, your defense of porsche's design by citing a condition in which maybe 2% of all retail bought cayennes ever see more than a few % of the total time driven seems further absurd.

Take an offroad course (or several as I've done) sometime and maybe it will make sense to you. Interesting that you talk about 'something only a few %' would care about but yet Porsche's aren't intended for the masses are they? Oh, wait, I forgot - they ARE intended for the masses and they're disposable too. Glad that you're not one of the CGT owners who doesn't take advantage of the car's 205mph top speed ALL of the time.

What I posted Jeff was that less than 2% of all retail Cayenne owners use the car EVER in the off road example you used for why the car "should" suck arse 100% of the time. Incidentally, the point was also that even those 2% don't use the thing for your exampled use more than a few % of their total usage either. IOW, it was a lame arse attempt to cite an extremely low usage type example to justify why the truck should have inappropriate throttle response for the high usage type examples which more closely resembled the buyers intended use when they purchased the thing.

Oh come on - LISTEN to yourself!! How many of us NEED, INTEND or will EVER use the top speed capability, true handling capability, etc. of ANY Porsche model. I'm glad you're not a Porsche product planner. Otherwise the Cayenne would handle and drive like a Chrysler minivan because, as you put it, that's how the majority of their drivers will use it. Sheesh!