Quote:
nberry said:
RC you alleging that Porsche deliberately set the Cayenne up for throttle hesitation is nothing more than rumor. My dealer knows its a problem and has attempted to fix it on several occasions. If what you say is true, why not tell me that is the way the car should run???

Also if what you say is true, then why doesn't Porsche officially address the complaints by issuing a statement confirming that the throttle lag/hesitation was deliberately program by the factory.

Here is a classic case of once again blaming the customer (soccor moms) for the engineering failures of Porsche! BTW I have one of the very first Cayenne and according to what you wrote I should not have the hesitation problem.

RC is right and I believe Porsche did intentionally design a bit of lag with their throttle set up. Why would they do that you ask? If you've ever gone off road in the manner that you see in the Cayenne ads/brochures, you'd realize that if you have 2 wheels off the ground and boulders on either side of your $70K-$90K SUV, the last thing you want is a throttle that's as sensitive as a 911. Having a bit of throttle tip in lets you better modulate the throttle while negotiating off road boulders, logs, etc. As you go over these types of obstacles with your foot on the accelerator, you inevitably bounce up and down - the motion of your body if transferred to a throttle with quick response would, again, be a bad design idea. In the future, perhaps Porsche should offer a setting that's tied into the differentials so that the throttle action could be tweaked for speeds of less than 10mph. As it is however, I believe it's designed correctly and intelligently for the intended purpose. I guess you and the other soccer moms don't appreciate the off road capabilitites. If I were you, I'd trade the Cayenne for a Lexus RX330 or BMW X5. Or you could wait until Ferrari, I mean Maserati offers its SUV in the next few years.