RC:
reginos:
RC:

Maybe VW should buy McLaren? It would fit their portfolio well and they could learn a thing or two from them (I guess).

Perhaps, VW would recruit key personnel from McLaren and transfer know-how. Much cheaper than buying a financially problematic company.

Moreover, I believe most of McLaren technology is subcontracted, like engines and gearboxes from Ricardo, carbon tubs by an Austrian company etc, so people are the main asset.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

You really think that the people are the main asset and Porsche, Lamborghini and Audi do not have similarly capable engineers? Smiley The truth is: Everything is about money and cost. Give Porsche and Lamborghini the financial freedom McLaren had (meaning: much lower gains per car) and you'll see what happens.

Bottom line is: VW Group is greedy. It shows. Prices. Porsche and Lamborghini.

So if McLaren people will not bring any added value and McLaren tech is mainly bought in, then I don't think VW should bother to bid for McLaren, in the theoretical case that they come up for sale? McLaren would be more suitable for a Chinese or Koren buyer.

IMO Porsche are the best automobile engineering firm. Whatever you assign to them they excel on both road and track,. sportscars, SUVs, limousines, EVs, Le Mans winners , NBR record breakers etc etc.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"