i have now been driving for four days on the notoriously badly surfaced and winding roads of umbria and lazio in central italy with the GT3RS and the car is....EPIC. it feels stable under any road condition, no matter how bad the surface is the car is planted and makes you feel the road and its imperfections very well without being overly harsh. everything was already said about the gearbox and i have nothing to add except to revoke my initial comparison with the F458's gearbox. it turns out that the downshifts are just as emotional as in the ferrari (both cars in their most aggressive setting), the upshifts are maybe a bit smoother in the RS than in the 458 (obviously a programming choice). at this point i cannot imagine a more exciting car for driving hilly and twisty roads (maybe the 458 speciale). the RS is all about connection car-driver-road (the F458 - albeit at least as fast - is way behind in this) and i feel porsche did an admirable job with the car. i feel that the GT3RS 991 will be an all-time high of porsche GT achievements. OMG, what will the GT2RS be like????
peter