nberry:
Targa Tim:
nberry:
fritz:
Carlos from Spain:

This is just my humble opinion but if you buy an RS and take the rear wing off just like that, you shouldn't be driving an RS, you bought the wrong car... not that I'm a fan of such rear wings aesthetically, much much preffer the looks of the 911R, but its there for a purpose, not for looks, and part of that purpose is why you would buy such a car in the first place. Again just my opinion though.

Not just your opinion, also mine.   Smiley

If the rear spoiler is deemed by its developers to be necessary to optimise the car's stability at high speed, the factory (and Type Approval or car inspection agencies) could not condone the car being driven even on speed-limited public roads without the spoiler fitted for "product liability" reasons. There would, after all, be no way of guaranteeing that the car might not nevertheless at some time be driven at high speeds  -  possibly by someone who might not even know that the car no longer complied with its Type Approval specs. 

I could not agree more.Smiley 

For years I did not like the wing but more recently found that it distinguishes the car from all other 911's. I have grown to like the wing so much so that I will get a 991.2GT3RS if Porsche builds it.

but you just sold your GT3... why will the RS suits your driving needs now?  Smiley

anyway, just get in line with the next RS then.  The current .2RS is way over produced.  It is basically everywhere.Smiley

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Fair question which I believed I answered in a prior post. 

I have regrets selling my GT3. Despite limited usability on public roads, the car did provide a 'sense of occasion' when driving it. The sound, the feel and the few moments when I could exercise the car were something very special which I now miss. While at my dealer a couple of months ago I saw a new RS being delivered. it's the first time I saw one in the flesh and I was impressed by its styling and its road presence. I decided to buy the .2 iteration should they build one.

in the meantime I fulfilled one on my bucket list items by ordering Targa which recent was built and waiting to be put on a ship. I expect to get it in August and it should hold me over until I can order RS.Smiley

Why don't you get a GT4 instead of the GT3/RS? It is cheaper, not so insanely powerful and more old school "sense of occasion".

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White