Leawood911:

It's on. When Conny is done we will all compare the deals and then try to beat it at the local Audi dealer. Porsche will get a letter from Audi demanding they give RC a backseat in a free GT3 and the R8 will begin to show a profit again. 

I wonder what the US Audi dealer have available???  I totally understand the apeal since the neighbor keeps driving by. More like a low altitude fly by. It is impressive even compared to all the other neighborhood supercars. (Not that it's a supercar but I saw the new Aston four door by my office last week.  Things are going well in Leawood. )

Actually, me and Conny are buddies and we already compared the deals privately. Smiley

Let's be real here: The only reason I went for the R8 V10 Plus is the deal and the fact that it is actually a Lamborghini Huracan in an Audi dress. I know Lamborghini fans hate to hear that but they even basically sound the same. Performance is basically identical. Also, the R8 is less "in your face" than the Huracan, which is a huge plus for me here in Germany.

More advantages: R8 specialized dealerships and maintenance/repair shops basically every 20-30 km or so here in Bavaria, no problems with spare parts (usually takes 24-48h at max) and in a worse case scenario, even a Lamborghini dealership could help. Also, I can park this car everywhere without having to be worried to come back and find it scratched all over. Car insurance is also quite affordable (if you can get it insured, my insurance for example refuses to insure the R8 for drivers under 30 years or age...), I pay 1400 EUR per year...FULL coverage. For a Huracan, this would be substantially more expensive (more like double or more).

Btw: I had never any press contact or whatever to Audi, the new R8 V10 Plus was a pretty spontaneous decision and I was actually looking into the "old" version as an "affordable" used car for some weekend fun (next to the GT500 or to replace it).
The V10 engine is just so incredible, this engine alone is worth getting this car (or even the old model).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)