KresoF1:

Actually, standard Sport chassis on R8 V10 Plus is sportier and faster then Magnetic Ride. Also, Magnetic Ride adds 5kg more. Standard Bucket seats are around 10kg overall lighter then electric sport seats. 

According to my NSU source Magnetic Ride car is around 2s slower on the Ring then the one with standard (only on R8 V10 Plus and specially tuned for it) Sport suspension. But, Magnetic Ride is the best compromise for daily usage. 

Only if you are using performance mode DRY and do everything manually.

If you use the Dynamic mode, Magnetic Ride gives you a huge advantage because the whole system (chassis, AWD, gearbox, steering and engine) is interconnected, providing the best performance possible.

I doubt that many drivers will use performance mode on public roads or even on the track because it isn't easy to control. This is basically like Sport Plus (Porsche) but even less ESP control. Not recommended for unexperienced drivers. Tried it on a huge (deserted) parking lot and I was drifting over all four wheels... Smiley

For daily usage (and comfort driving), magnetic ride is a must.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)