Quote:
pnoble said:

It must be incredibly inefficient for Porsche to design, manufacture and inventory all these different options. I'm sure they could offer their cars for a lot less and make even more profit if they just included everything, at least on a telematic level, standard.

I agree with you. For example, Acura, does a pretty good job. The Acura TL comes loaded (except for the $3000 nav) So the only choices you have are color, nav, and whether you want manual vs automatic. So, it's pretty easy to find a car you want by calling all the dealers in your area or State. I mean, no real need to order a car from the factory unless you enjoy that process.

Now, I ordered my 997S fully loaded so it's essentially a $100K purchase. Why not make all the 997S's fully loaded and sell if for $90K MSRP. And maybe a fully loaded 997 for $80K. The advantages for Porsche would be that they can move these cars more efficiently (ie., cars don't have to sit on dealers lots because of lack of options). I mean, this is more complicated than it really has to be.