Leawood911:
RC:
AP911:

So I was supposed to pick up my model 3 last week after placing a reservation more than 3 years ago, however, a hail storm damaged all Tesla's at the port, mine included heart. The hodyshell and glass roof must be weak as I was actually driving through that hail storm in my 911 and it wasn't that bad. So after telling me first that they are going to fix it and me not accepting that and demanding a new vehicle, now no one is answering my emails and it has been a week since this happened. I have no choice but to cancel the whole thing and stay with my beloved combustion engine cars. 

Smiley Sorry about that...

Why 3 years in the first place?  Perhaps an environment hostile to EV?  Smiley
Are you blaming Tesla for the hail damage?  I doubt the glass top was damaged thereby reducing the amount of damage caused to the car overall. If the glass was cracked then this was the mother of all hailstorms. The 911 was in the exact same storm at the same time and suffered no damage?  Weird. At any rate you should get a new car, of course. Hope it takes less time. Good luck!

Sure put the blame on others for Tesla's failure...... Actually when I placed my reservation for the model 3 back in February 2017, Tesla estimated arrival of the car was in the first half of 2018. Of course that got delayed to 2nd half, then beginning of 2019, then actually just 2019, long story short, the first customers' model 3s arrived here in Dubai in March 2020Smiley..... We are in the UAE so when I blame Tesla for the hail damage I mean it, it's not that big a storm. I was actually driving on the hwy between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, near Jebel Ali port, driving about 100km/h and not a single damage on my 911. They are just built to a different standard and different price, that's all, no shame in that.

Anyways, finally I get a response today that I should receive a new one in June, hopefully Smiley 

Since I already waited this long, what's a more couple of months Smiley