Super Darius:

Congrats RC,i lost this discussion.

i like the R8 more than the old one...but..but...remember you are a Porsche guy.

indecision

I still am, Dario. The GTS stays. Wonderful car. Smiley

The R8 just pushed all the right buttons in my emotional department, one reason I leased it for four years instead of three. Also in the hope that maybe in four years, Porsche will come up with their own R8 competitor. Smiley

The 991.2 Turbo S is a very fast car (probably not really any bit slower than the R8 in real life) but since Porsche hasn't changed anything in the emotional part (exhaust/engine sound), even "ruined" a bit the very direct steering feel of the 991.1 version Smiley and the interior was still looking the same, there was no point in getting the 991.2 Turbo S.

991.2 GT3 or GT3 RS? I get to the track so seldom (maybe once or twice a year), a car like the R8 makes much more sense, considering the guys I am usually having fun with (Carrera GT, 918, Aventador, 458, F12, etc.). Also, the R8 feels like a glove, which is very important for a fun car. I'm not a big fan of mid engined cars but the R8 fits me perfectly, believe it or not. It kind of "supports" my driving style very well. Similar to the 991 Turbo S I had but never really enjoyed because other than on the track and some twisty country roads, the Turbo S was boring like hell.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)