MKSGR:
BiTurbo:
MKSGR:

Even 20 years ago the V8 Ferrari and the turbo where in the identical price range. Same as today... Everything got more expensive, in Italy and in Germany :-)

I believe Porsche got greedy and they realized there was high demand and so they decided to push as hard as they can, from production numbers to highest msrp possible. Then they started to play the Ferrari game with their GT models and long waiting list, which turned out to be complete bs and pushed some buyers and made the switch to a different brand Smiley

But why? I can still recall that around 2001 the Ferrari V8 was around 125k Euro and the 996 turbo as well. Today, both cars are twice as expensive. But Porsche did not increase their prices more than Ferrari Smiley

You do realize the 911 is no longer an exclusive car, but a mass produced one with a crazy price inflation, that comes with a downgraded engine which is no longer affiliated to its motorsport cars for the Turbo / Turbo S Smiley

Mass produced cars shouldn't be priced close to limited or exclusive cars, but because they have buyers and a clever marketing department, I guess they can get away with it easily, especially with newcomers.

100k over the current Carrera S because of  the badge ? Seriously ?  Smiley  Treachery at its best, if you ask me.

The fate of the current 911 reminds me of this longest selling 4x4 from Toyota, until greed interfered and sales started to decline.

I can spend over 200k on a Ferrari / Lambo / McLaren, but I hesitate, hold back and think twice, whenever I hear of a current 911/992 pricing  Smiley