4trac:
BiTurbo:
Topspeed:
BiTurbo:

Actually, there is a big problem with 911 Turbo pricing when comparing to its rivals:

1. It looks like any 911 with a wider body and a spoiler yes

Isn't that the appeal of a 911 Turbo? A sleeper.

You can use it in town and nobody notices you. Every time you pull over at a gas station nobody annoys you with 1000 questions about your car or what you do for a living.

Yes, but it's no longer the affordable sleeper Smiley

That may be true if you must have the S version, but the base Turbo overlaps in price with well optioned C4S cars, and the majority of owners, especially in NA, do not need the S extra power to feel they have an amazing car. Our conclusion last year was that it was the well optioned standard 911 that was the poor value, with the slightly anemic 3litre motor.  Our lightly optioned base Turbo, even splurging on PTS, was under EUR 150k - hard to argue that is poor value.

Consider yourself lucky  Smiley

Our debate here is the pricing for 992.

I'm not doubting the quality, but the quality of work I get from my dealer (which I prefer not to list it here)

I always rate Porsche as #1 when speaking of braking, some even get irritated on F + L boards  Smiley

MKSGR:

Even 20 years ago the V8 Ferrari and the turbo where in the identical price range. Same as today... Everything got more expensive, in Italy and in Germany :-)

I believe Porsche got greedy and they realized there was high demand and so they decided to push as hard as they can, from production numbers to highest msrp possible. Then they started to play the Ferrari game with their GT models and long waiting list, which turned out to be complete bs and pushed some buyers and made the switch to a different brand Smiley

From 2011 - 2019 Porsche sold 233,540 units - 991

Ferrari managed to sell 9,000 units in 2018 and 10,000 units in 2019

Porsche is slowly closing the pricing gap here, for basically the same car (mass-produced) with a mild upgrade and a stroked engine from the base Carrera.

Turbo 3.8L (Bore x Stroke) = 102 x 76.4
Carrera 3.0L (Bore x Stroke) = 91 x 76.4

Then there's the cost-cutting shift from dry-sump to an integrated-dry-sump system, which came to an end with the Turbo in 2008.

For an extra 100k (200 hp + 270 Nm) out of the same engine over the Carrera S, I'd call that a manipulation Smiley