Carlos from Spain:
BiTurbo:

Actually, there is a big problem with 911 Turbo pricing when comparing to its rivals:

6. For an extra 100k over the Carrera S, all I'm getting is an extra 200 hp + 270 Nm with a Turbo S logo in the back heart

I think this is the biggest problem with the Turbo, now that the Carrera has  a Turbo engine with plenty of torque and livelier character as well as better sounding most likely, it us hard to justify 100k, a 100k, for roughly the same car inside and out just with more power that most won't use on public street save for 1% of time they drive it.

I hear this a lot, and used to think the same, until I drove (and last year, purchased) a Turbo.  Now I would argue there is a very large difference between the real world feel and usable power between the two.  The problem with the Carrera cars is the downsized 3 litres; you can imagine if it were NA it would have quite weak torque until high in the rev range.  But even with the now standard turbo, the 3 litre engine is still weak at low revs, where in real world urban driving you spend a lot of time.  On a track, no problem as you should always be shifting to stay in peak power, but in normal driving you always go through a rev range where it feels worse than the 997, until the turbo kicks in, to me nearly 3000 rpm.       

In comparison the Turbo has always been tuned for peak torque low down, by 2000 rpm, and this along with the full 3.8 displacement, means it feels alive and quick at virtually any revs. THIS is the engine with the "livelier character " of the two. And to be fair RT turbo owners have always said this, and our Kansas rep Leawood always maintained that he uses the 911Turbo power every drive, in short bursts where its character comes through - and he is right. As my wife notes from the first year of Turbo ownership- it just explodes in any gear or any revs, its not fussy, just fast.  

Sound? Always subjective but not that different, the Turbo more bassy, neither anywhere near GT cars, which is what sound buffs should be buying. 

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo