Conny997:

Congrats, Christian and thank you for the very useful review, as always.

I also never had taken an Audi into consideration. However, you have transmitted the „R8 virus" to me. As I am currently looking for a „fun car“ your valuable information has arrived pretty „in time“. 

Today I was able to make an initial fitting test and a test drive will be scheduled asap. 

In the so called „ibis white“ the R8 looks very good as well (pics attached) but I would combine the black wheels with this color. My first impression: as you already wrote, the car looks far better in the flesh than on the pics. The whole build quality is at a very high level.

But just as a litte remark:

The seats seems somewhat mounted too high, they should be somewhat lower.
Nevertheless, nothing can be seen from the front hood. One has to estimate the dimensions when maneuvering.

Anyway: I’m already looking forward for a the test drive asap.

Enjoy your fascinating sportscar!

You're too tall... Smiley I fit this car perfectly and I can see the front hood (a bit though only) but the seating position is perfect for me but I'm a little bit shorter than you.

You need to take a test-drive to see if the car "fits" you. Also, you should talk to the dealer if they can "adjust" the driver's seat in a way where it is lower but you can still see the front hood.

I am pretty sure this can be achieved since most Germans I know are usually taller (1.8-1.85m) than I am and I cannot imagine Audi has no tall customers. Smiley

You need also to adjust the steering wheel to your height, it can be adjusted pretty well (long way towards driver and up and down, so perfect for a good adjustment).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)