After I sold my 996 Turbo, I went for a E55 AMG, especially because my wife has given birth to our second child and the 996 Turbo suddenly seemed to be useless, a garage queen.
We already had a ML55 AMG family car and I just wanted something more sporty to enjoy, something similar to the 996 Turbo but with more interior and luggage room. I really liked the E55 AMG a lot but lots of little electronics problems and the horrible traction, even with a factory limited slip differential retrofit, made me sell it after 8 months of ownership. I went for a Cayenne Turbo instead and although the Cayenne Turbo isn't that fast on the straight line and definetely isn't as good in sharp twists and turns, I just love this truck. It offers a lot of space for two kids and luggage (and we carry a lot of luggage with us), it is comfortable (my wife just loves it), it can be driven very sporty too with a pretty direct steering feel and up til now (12000 km) we didn't have any serious issues with it, just a faulty rear hatch window lock micro switch.
Unfortunately there is a little problem which doesn't allow me to be 100% happy with the Cayenne Turbo: the throttle/shifting hesitation issue. A lot of customers complaint about it but it seems that Porsche doesn't care about it or doesn't WANT to care about it. Believe me, we made a lot of different approaches to get a result but nothing. Very disappointing. And the worst part: my wife doesn't want to drive the Cayenne Turbo because she is used to the very responsive ML55 throttle/shifting and she almost had an accident with the Cayenne Turbo due to the throttle hesitation. This is something very very annoying and I really don't understand why Porsche doesn't do something about it. Otherwise, the Cayenne Turbo is almost the perfect family car. Fuel consumption is high but it also depends on your driving style. I had up to 28 litres/100 km in my E55, the Cayenne Turbo is even worse when driving at full speed.

The Cayenne Turbo is almost perfect, only the throttle/shifting hesitation makes it difficult to really love it. Some customers claim they don't have a throttle/shifting hesitation but I think they just didn't own another SUV before, especially not a BMW X5 4.4/4.6is or a ML55. I can live with it but sometimes I start to myself because I'm so angry when I'm reminded of the throttle/shifting hesitation again.