nberry:

The bias on this blog against US car manufacturers is tiresome. crying

Nick, I think you are seeing to much in to this, but If you are happy with whatever you are buying, then why care so much what others are thinking.

I had a Jeep GC SRT and I was all in all happy with the car. Great engine, I liked the design and the car had a great spec list. It did exactly what I needed it to do. I believe the Dubai version is basically fully specked. You can only chose color here. But....the build quality is questionable. The carbon interiors kept on cracking and deforming (is that even a word..?). Jeep had to replace these carbon bits at least once a year. The seats looked like something coming out of a 10-15 years old car after 3 years and 75k kilometers etc. 

Coming back to the Corvette, I like the design of the C7, with the exception of the ZR1 which I find to vulgar. I always liked the Corvette, and have also followed their racing program very closely both in the US and at Le Mans. Hell, I even went to the Corvette pits at Le Mans, but that does not automatically make me like the C8. 

Here is a photo from Le Mans 2017 in a badly hung over version Smiley

E61D5AAD-E555-402F-889D-DDBA80FF565B.jpeg

All in all i think you will have to accept some criticism, the car culture is very different at each side of the pond and people expect very different cars, so to produce something which covers both cultures is a big ask which only very few manufacturers seems to have been able to do, including our friends from Porsche.