Spyderidol:
RC:
Spyderidol:

Different strokes for different folks.

For me its perfect: Easy to park (in Lisbon and other cities), Its fast enough for heavy regulated European roads: Its sporty without being OTT. It looks good (to me and to many)  and It's affordably priced. It's big enough for my wife and I. Whats not to like?

1. Serious traction issues.

2. Steering could be more direct (a bit indifferent vs. the A45 or the RS3 for example)

3. Stability issues on the Autobahn at speeds over 200 kph (doesn't always feel safe, very sensitive steering in that speed range)

4. E63 S feels more go-kart like than the JCW, which is a bit weird, even if the JCW feels lighter of course.

I could go on but I guess it really depends on what you need this car for and what your options are/were.

Was your JCW an F56?

Yes, F56...brand new on the market when I picked it up, dealer had just registered a test-car and I leased it after a week. Had it for three years.

• I have experienced no traction issues. but Im also not driving it like I would if I was a 20 year old.

Smiley Well... 

• The steering is direct enough for me and at least as good as any similarly priced car.

The older JCW had a better steering, felt more go-kart like.

• I have never driven an E63 , but the go-kart feeling I get from my JCW is satisfying enough for me. And now you are comparing it to car that costs 4 times the amount (in Portugal).

I was comparing a 2 ton sedan to it, that was my point. Smiley I expected more from a Mini with the JCW label. 

I get it. You dont like Minis. You think that they are beneath you. That's fine. They do just fine for me.

Minis are beneath me? Smiley I had four Mini Cooper in my life, two of them JCW models. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)