Leawood911:

About as informative as measuring the range of ICE cars. I have not understood the point. Based on the size of your gas tank and efficiency. In this case size of battery and efficiency. I think we will eventually settle on miles per kWh as the best measure. 

Agreed. I won't forget my "record" run with the Tesla S P100D...full charge...only 170 km range at the end, barely made it to the dealer (thank god the navigation system range estimate is conservative, I was at a -3% estimate and was worried I won't make it). Dealer advised that the "optimal" speed to be fast and efficient is around 150 kph but at this speed, I usually fall asleep. Smiley 

I liked the Tesla vs Tesla drag race more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyjygzQs4p8 , it showed how fast the Tesla S P100D is, even compared to the Tesla 3 Performance I was thinking of getting...maybe. Now I'm not so sure but the Tesla S would be too big for me, I don't want another limousine, the Tesla 3 Performance would be perfect (fast when I need it, efficient when I want it).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)