nberry:
Whoopsy:
schmoell:

Being only 3 sec behind a pro with a proper car is quite an achievement I'd say. On my first trackday with the GT3 RS a pro driver took the Panamera Turbo from his customer and was 1sec faster than me ..  which made me slightly depressed :)

It's the classic 1/10 here 1/10 there and it all adds up. 16 corners on our track and and averaged out to be 0.2 a corner. 

Panamera Turbo is not a low car on track, so no shame being slower. They took my Turbo S out one time too, and watching them pass other members in a pig is a sight to be seen Smiley

Nick, with 16 corners being slower than a pro by three seconds is fabulous.. Corners are the Achilles heal to most amateurs. Smiley

It's even more frustrating when I have full data logging, I know exactly what they are doing and I can't do itSmiley

I actually brake later and harder but they trail brake much deeper and get back on the gas sooner. The new style driving is V shape speed trace through corners, and I am on U shape and that's the difference. They carry slightly slower minimum speed in corners but they just accelerate that little bit faster out of it. Try as I might I just don't have the quick reflex of the younger kids to maintain control of the car if I get on the gas sooner. I just spin or get out of shape and had to get out of the gas. 

--