noone1:
RC:

You need to understand the mentality here. Porsches are usually acceptable in Germany, actually the 911 is one of the most successful business cars in Germany and fully tax deductible (depends on business of course). You will have a hard time to do the same with a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Of course there are exotics in Germany but you should talk to the people and ask them where they live...or what they do for a living. You'd be surprised.

I live in a city where much wealthier people than me drive around in a VW Golf or BMW 5 series (and I'm not talking M5 here...).

We discussed this often enough, I do not see any point to repeat myself but you cannot ignore certain (unwritten) rules.

My jeweler, who is well know in my town and considered a VIP (he is basically invited everywhere and is in newspapers and whatnot, a very prominent figure here...) drives a Cayenne (OK, it is a Turbo S but nobody really knows that, there is no model designation). Just recently, I found out that he also owns a Ferrari F12. I saw him driving the car with his wife. We know his family for over 15 years, our kids went to Kindergarten together and just now I learned he owns a Ferrari. Same goes to my dentist, who is a personal friend. I visited him for two years at his home before I found out that he drives a 911 Cab. He never mentioned that he has a Porsche, despite the fact that he always saw me driving one.

I could continue this list but the only people driving exotics here are multimillionaires who just don't care because they have a huge business. My neighbor is the only doctor I know who drives a McLaren. Most doctors over here drive 911, BMWs or Audis. No exotics.

So the guy you knew for 15 years has an F12, your neighbor owns a 12C...

Sounds like everyone in your neighborhood owns and exotic except you lol.

Only the McLaren and yes, he is the only one in the neighborhood (the jeweler lives in a very exclusive neighborhood and even there, his Ferrari F12 is quite the exception, there is only a Lamborghini Aventador in that neighborhood as far as I know and this is the car of a guy who owns a huge investment firm in the region).

Just go buy a Lamborghini and enjoy it. You'll quickly find out that no one actually cares and it's all in your head.

Yes, I am 50 and just nuts. Everything in my head. Smiley I don't know about your neighborhood but maybe you just don't care or you don't notice things?! I guess the people running to the mayor to protest the McLaren in my neighborhood are just a fantasy of mine and the stories I hear from other people of the same or higher wealth are just in my imagination as well. Smiley People in Germany hide wealth for a reason. Remember? We invented de-badging cars. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)