Quote:
Prashan said:
Keep the reviews coming in RC and Dhayek... I certainly hope there will be a shorter gear shift option when my car arrives - no point having a sport shift with the standard cars long stick.

Rgds
Prashan

Well, I'm driving a 996 Turbo Cabriolet for a few days (don't worry, my 997 Carrera S is still OK as you can see on this picture... ) and I was surprised by the very long shifting way and the shifting feel. One thing is for sure: after having this comparison, the 997 Carrera S shifting is clearly superior, especially with the short shifter.

There is also a huge difference regarding the PCCB brake. The brake feel is different, much less precise and "linear". Which makes me believe that this 996 Turbo Cab has the "older" PCCB generation, not the improved version of the 997 Carrera S.
The suspension of the Turbo Cab reminds me a lot of the 997 with PASM (sport setting) but with a little bit less bumpy ride. The steering actually is the biggest surprise because many people have the feeling that the new 997 steering is less direct and feels less connected to the street. This is not the case, the 996 Turbo Cab steering feels more "stiff" and less easy to turn but surprisingly, it also feels less direct than the 997 steering. And what makes the 997 steering my favorite: I was driving a hill up at around 270 kph and I really had a hard time to hold the steering tight in my hands, it was shaking and tearing because of the bumpy Autobahn. The 997 steering is much better, not that much "nervousness". Just a few observations...