Quote:
RC said:
...SL 65 AMG right next to a SL 55 AMG. Huge difference in details, impressive...

I didn't expect too many differences between the two cars. Which ones do you think of in detail?
I'd say the full leather and special stone-decoration makes a huge difference but everything else should be due to improvements during product lifecycle, shouldn't it?

I can understand your opinion on the Maybach to a certain extend, though the only one I have seen up close was the one from Brabus...
I don't expect that you like that one either!

Mercedes wasn't able to launch such a car with the three-pointed star on the hood, people demanded something special to pay the premium on that car. So I'd say there are quite a few parts on the car that are very similiar to other Mercedes models. Funny that you didn't like it.

It is kind of miraculous to me that Mercedes didn't put the emphasis on the looks but strongly went the technology route both on the Maybach and the SLR. This is kind of funny since both cars' predecessors, the Gullwing model just as much as the Maybachs weren't ugly cars at all - rather much the opposite!
So I am quite curious if people will see the McL MB SLR see in line with the 300 SLR from the past (and the same with the equivalent Maybach models). I heavily doubt it.

Walter, nice car! How does it behave compared to the SL55? Is there a huge difference in weight distribution or handling?
I suppose we have a lot of members who would be very curious about it!

Greetings!