Porker:

Stating "my adolescent years are over" in the same sentence as "then you have to forget about being the fastest" doesn't really compute. 

I still have a little bit of ambition in me, so yes, I want to be the fastest but it isn't easy with the pack I'm driving around, too many excellent drivers who have a much more professional driving background than me. Smiley I can still try though... Smiley Keeping up is sometimes very satisfactory as well, especially when you drive along with real pros. Only downside is that you never know if they really try hard. They say yes but you never really know. Nice people who don't want others to feel bad. Smiley Or maybe I'm just too skeptical and they tell the truth. Smiley

I have no desire whatsoever to be "the fastest", certainly not on the public road, hence I much prefer the clarity, purity and simplicity of a 2WD setup. In everything from a sedan to a sportscar. 

2WD is less safe than 4WD on public roads, in any driving situation. Your claim kind of contradicts what you say. Smiley

Also, I know people who drove with you on public roads. Do you really want to tell me that you respect the law 100%? Smiley Smiley

I agree one 4WD family car is a must in Bavaria or in the Alps obviously.

A 911 is actually pretty drivable in winter time but a C63 for example not. 4WD is not a must but a very welcomed feature, I wouldn't want to miss it on a family car.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)