Track car is a different animal.

Normal race cars have all race stuff, engines, transmissions all have a very short and finite service cycles. High maintenance stuff. Who wants to keep rebuilding the engine or transmission? Sometimes it's not the entry price, it's the servicing cost after that matters. 

The GT4 class, entry level race cars however used mostly production items, and pretty much stick to road car service cycles. My Club Sport doesn't need a engine rebuild nor a transmission rebuild by service hrs like the GT3 Cup car.

I probably only need my dealer's tech for servicing the GT4CS once in a while, but if I run the Cup car as a tack toy, I will probably need a team of people just to support the car. More costs. The Motec system in the Cup car is standard race stuff, so if someone runs a race team, then it's easy, but if one doesn't, then it's an extra entry cost item.

Also, one buys the highest performing car based off one's ability, not the highest performing car based on spec. I could have gone out and buy a used F1 car or a 917K or whatever, it will probably the fastest car on paper within my track club, but there will be no margin for error and I will likely killed myself before anything else. If I am Lewis Hamilton, then yeah, I will buy the highest spec race car cause I have the ability to handle those. 

Weekend track rats are not at those skills yet, some are more skilled than others so they go buy faster and faster track machines. I can see myself getting into a Cup car or similar ones in a few years after I get the most out of the GT4CS. 

--