Carlos I know you don't get snow that stays on the roads but I assume you do get some winter and shoulder seasons months of low temperatures especially in the morning or late, and in these conditions no summer performance tire will be at its best, even below 10C there will be traction loss. I strongly suspect that newer tire fomulations are even less tolerant of cold than they were some ten years ago, and that this is in part what you have sensed with the P Zeros.  One thing to consider then, is switching to a system that most in northern latitudes have always done, ie. use a winter or performance all season tire for your cold/wet months, then go to a Cup tire in summer to have max performance in the season you can best use it.  As I recall the Pirelli Sottozero is the winter rated tire for 911s, and though it is not really the best winter tire for say, northern Russia, it is a very capable rain tire and has much stiffer sidewalls than virtually any other winter tire I am aware of - you can really push these on even dry roads. You might find you suddenly have gobs of winter and wet traction where you didn't before.  Albeit with the yearly hassle of a tire swap (which many solve by using a second set of winter wheels and doing their own wheel swaps).  Just a possibility....

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S