Carlos

Owning stock is not the only thing that can make you heavily biased in this thread, being an owner can just as much, much more than those on the opposite side who generally actually have little vested interest in the matter, what you call knowledge on the matter from being an owner, I see as bias, and none of the owners are going to realise how bias they are, that is how cognitive biases work, and while it affects both sides, regarding tesla  owners,  it is well known how radical they are, like a cult sometimes.

I admit there is one tesla owner on the forum that is unlike the rest and not biased, which I respect a lot and  therefore give more value to their opinions which is schmoell.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I am not biased, I am just reflecting on my first hand experience and give the good elements and the bad elements about it. If I was biased you would never hear about the bad ones. Also I have no loyalty to a brand. I have owned Porsches for over two decades but right now there is not a single car they produce that ticks the boxes, so why buy one? Life is too short to compromise on products that are not the best for a specific need.

It just happens that the X has exceeded in many ways my expectations, it is the BEST vehicle on the market for a specific need today and all the shortcomings that people have forewarned have turn out to be not relevant against the whole package.

Has this influenced my views on Tesla as a company? Of course it has, but that’s not a bias, that’s an opinion forged from real experience. A bias is from many people here who have barely or ever tried the car but keep bashing it because of personal or business reasons, or because they simply don’t like the design, and there is plenty of that in one form or the other around here...